Thursday, January 15, 2009

This weeks update



Amanda’s downstairs wombmates have been driving her nuts!
They are awake at all hours of the night, doing who knows what! They have been stretching her out to the max! We have decided we’re done renting out the womb to those two! Just goes to show you, never do business with family!

So, officially, we’ve posted their 30 day notice to vacate. They have one month to pack up the placenta and get out of the womb, or we’ll cut them out if we have to. And we’re not going to fall for that “but our lungs aren’t developed” excuse! They should of thought of that before they kicked Amanda in the bladder one too many times. Ah…kids!

Quincy seems to be losing real estate on Amanda’s lap at an alarming rate. Give him credit though, he’s hangin’ in there! He’s holding on to what little he has.

He seems excited to see the 30 day notice on the womb…. he has no idea what’s coming.

Well, not much to report on Amanda’s health. I guess no news is good news. She’s doing great so far. She did have an extended contraction a couple of days ago at Babies R Us that caught our attention. It was the first time we both thought something might be happening. It turned out that once we got home and she rested, it went away.

Other than that, all of her problems are related to comfort and/or sleep. She’s having a rough time sleeping for more than 45 minutes at a time. Maybe that’s Gods way of preparing us. I think I’ve outsmarted God though. I’ve moved down to the couch… ha ha ha… Sleeping like a baby! Except for last night when Amanda waddled her way downstairs at 4 am to eat.

By the way, I know it’s not nice, but watching Amanda huff, puff, grunt, flop and waddle her way around this condo is oh so funny to me! I feel so bad, but I can’t help but laugh. Don’t judge me… you’ve never watched her try to get up from lying on the couch! It’s quite a show! Two acts, from lying down to sitting up, and from sitting up to standing, with an intermission in-between. Seriously, at intermission I’ll go use the restroom and pop some popcorn. Poor Amanda.

If anyone cares about me, I’m doing just fine thank you.

Well, that’s what’s new. Thanks for reading.

No comments: