Thursday, January 22, 2009

Still going strong!

We've reached week 34! So far so good. This week is somewhat of a benchmark for us because it means we shouldn't need the NICU. We were worried about having the babies early because Meridian Park doesn't have a NICU. So, if Amanda went into labor we would have to go to St. Vincent, or stop the labor at Meridian Park and possibly be transported later. Anyway, our Doctor said that past 34 weeks it should be a non-issue. If Amanda were to go into labor now, we would just go to Meridian Park and they would delay the labor for two days, giving the babies a shot that would develop their lungs. Then we would have the C-Section and the babies would be fine. Of course, the longer they can stay in Amanda's belly the better, As long as she's doing well. And she seems to be doing fine. She's extremely uncomfortable all the time, and can't stand for more than a few minutes at a time without having contractions, but she's good! We have another Doctor appointment, with an ultrasound, on Wednesday. It should be our last ultrasound, and of course I'll post pictures on the blog the first chance I get. We hope everyone is doing well! bye.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sweetie....I am glad you are still hanging in there, but I share your uncomfortable days and nights. I wish I could see you and give you and M&M a big hug. I am enjoying the blog! Keep it up and stay healthy.
Hugs and Love
Diana

Anonymous said...

Oh Amanda, and ome more thing...if you have the time to email me I am at schmitt_diana@hotmail.com
It is 9:45 on Saturday evening and it is snowing! I miss you!
Luv
Diana

Anonymous said...

You're still looking marvelous, Amanda! I laughed so hard about the "two-act" presentation of you getting off the couch. I swear, after pregnancy, there's just no dignity, is there?

How come we aren't seeing any pictures of Chris's belly?? We worry about him too, you know. Can't wait for your babies to arrive.

It started snowing here yesterday morning and has snowed pretty steadily since -- fine stuff, so it doesn't pile up too much. We haven't had this much snow in AGES -- I mean, since I was 10. And you know what AGES ago that was. Dinosaurs roaming the earth ... Love you both lots, krissi