Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

Here we go!

We’re entering into a new year, and our final weeks of pregnancy! Poor Amanda is really starting to feel it now. Her hips are hurting, her back is hurting, and she just can’t get comfortable. Who can blame her, she’s carrying around an extra 45 pounds! She’s having trouble sleeping, eating, walking and breathing! I feel so bad for her. I keep reminding her that she’s getting close to the end. I try not to mention that the “end” means major surgery (C-Section) and two babies to feed and take care of at all hours! Shhhhh!
Other than the physical discomfort, she’s doing great! She knows how special it is to feel the babies inside her belly, and she knows that she’ll miss that feeling!

As for me, if anyone cares, I’m doing fine. I sleep on the couch a few days a week now. Just so I can get some sleep! It’s not easy sleeping with Amanda now. She’s constantly uncomfortable and therefore moving all night. And when she rolls over, she ROLLS OVER! Watch out!!! My side of the bed has dramatically shrunk in the past few weeks. During the day I mostly eat and sit around with her. She likes to buy sweets, and real butter, and real yogurt, and real mayo, and fattening cheese, and fattening EVERYTHING… and then she’s never hungry enough to eat it! So… I do. Let’s just say that she’s not the only one out of breath when we climb our stairs!


We had our 31 week ultrasound today! Everything is great, right on track. Mason (left) is 3 1/2 lbs and has a huge head like his daddy. They said his head measures at 34 weeks, so three weeks ahead of his body :-)
You can see in his picture that he had his mouth open, and of course, he was moving all around!





Madison (right) still seems to be a little camera shy. She doesn't like to show her profile as much, but we got a pretty good picture here. She weighed in one ounce shy of 4 lbs!
She did the cutest thing while getting this picture though! She turned and looked right at the camera, and we could see her blinking and looking at it! We wondered what she was thinking right then. So amazing!

Well, now we enter into a new year. I’m happy to see this one go. It’s been pretty tough on most of us. For Amanda and me, it’s been an emotional roller coaster. We started the year struggling to get pregnant, and not knowing if we ever would. That was a scary time because we have always wanted to have a family. Around the same time I was starting a new job, and things were looking great for us on that front. Then the price of oil went crazy and my job was in jeopardy, and at the same time we were so happy to find out Amanda was pregnant. Then the joy we had when we found out it was twins! Then it was the news that it was a boy and a girl, what a wonderful day that was! A couple months later the stock market collapsed and now nothing was certain. Then, in November, I was laid off and we were trying to figure out what we’ll do next. As I said, a roller coaster! What a year!
We know that so many of our closest friends and family have struggled in this past year as well. So, in this New Year, it is our prayer that things get better for us all. And it’s our prayer that everyone keeps in their heart the fact that God will provide! We must keep reminding ourselves that God has a plan for our lives, and everything will work out in Gods time.
For us, I know that God has blessed us with the opportunity to be a mommy and daddy, and to raise a family this year. Our New Years resolution is to be the best parents we can be. To raise our babies with so much love, and to dedicate our lives to them!

We hope that everyone has a wonderful new year and God bless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats so great

the andersens said...

Oh my gosh....their pictures look so amazing....I'm about to cry just reading this because I cannot believe we will get to see and hold them soon. love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! The babies look great! We are sorry you are so uncomfortable Amanda, but it will all be worth it in a few short weeks. Get used to limited bed space, Chris, because when the babies arrive you are really going to get crowded out!

Lisa and I just got in from China a few hours ago and the moment we touched down, Lily became a US citizen; yeah! Check out our website to see your newest cousin. myadoptionwebsite.com/bringinghomelily

We love all four of you and I hope we can get together while I'm still on family leave to catch up, which ends January 11th.

Steve, Lisa, Willy & Lily